Listen Live




 
Alcester, SD
Alcester, SD
Alcester was founded in 1879 by the Western Town Lot Company of Chicago, a company who had access to the future plans of the Chicago Northwestern Railroad’s trek into Dakota Territory. One hundred thirty-five acres of land were purchased from R.B. Harding and Mary Harding, divided into lots and sold for $50 each. A depot was the first building to be erected in Alcester and lumber company was the first business.